After completing his undergraduate studies at the Technological Educational Institute of Athens (BSc in Business Administration), Yannis undertook the MBA Programme at the University of Stirling with specialisation in Corporate Finance. In November 2009, he completed his PhD in Accounting at the University of Edinburgh. Yannis’ work experience includes positions as an accounting assistant (in Greece) and as a financial accounting and reporting analyst at Company Reporting Ltd in Edinburgh. Prior to joining the University of Glasgow in January 2015, Yannis was a Lecturer in Accounting at the University of Stirling.
In parallel to his current post at the University of Glasgow, Yannis is:
- a member of the ACCA Global Forum for Corporate Reporting
- a member of the ICAS Corporate & Financial Reporting Panel
- a member of the UKEB Academic Advisory Group
- Editor for Journal of International Financial Management & Accounting
- Section Editor for Accounting and Finance for European Management Journal
- founder and leader of the Adam Smith Observatory of Corporate Reporting Practices